Tuesday, February 17, 2009

People actually live like this?

Last night we were invited to our friend Preston Palmer's birthday party. It was held in Salt Lake at one of their friend's houses. I've never seen a house this big in Utah! You can see part of the main house in the background of the pics of the girls riding the ponies.
Here is Samantha riding Cookie Dough. Everytime they made a lap around the corral, they would ask, "Do you want to go again?" Of course she said YES! I lost track of how many times she went around.

Shaylee riding Cookie Dough.

Shelby riding Snickers.


After the girls rode the ponies, we saw an emu and some really cute ponies next to the barn. The girls went over to the fence to say hello. They were scared of the emu even though it had a look on it's face that said "Please pet me!"


It looks like Shelby is talking to the emu and it is totally dissing her by looking away....here's what really happened... Shelby was standing there, thinking about petting the emu, but her fear was getting the best of her. Suddenly, one of the ponies said HEEEEHEEEEEEE!!! Right then, Chris snapped the picture.



This is a picture of the "BARN" where the party was held. This picture only shows the top two floors, it actually had 3 floors. Behind the "barn" is the guest house, which was probably at least 3 times the size of our current house.


Inside the "barn", here is Sami standing on the stairs.


This fireplace came from Europe. (I wonder how old it is)... They cut it into pieces to ship it to Utah and then reassembled it in the "barn".


These gorgeous doors are on the main floor of the "barn". It's hard to judge the size, but you could have driven a car in these doors. The woodwork, ironwork and windows are exquisite.

This hay in the corner of the ground floor is the only resemblance of a "barn". But notice the wood and stone work! I still can't believe they call this a BARN!

Here is the birthday boy, blowing out his candles!

Preston's mom, Christy and me. She looked so darn cute in her cowgirl outfit!












5 comments:

Trisha said...

Wowee. I think that is all that needs to be said.

Parker Family said...

Wow, it is sad that someone's barn is much nicer than my house!! Beautiful place!! How in the world did they get that ahead in life??!?

I might have to try out the anniversary table sometime soon...sounds romantic!!

SANFORD said...

How nice would that be!!! I can't believe that is a barn. WOW!
Cheri

Julie Johnson said...

Thanks Jen- I REALLY needed it!

One Happy Heart Family said...

Oh you guys have such CUTE girls. I love it, they are growing up so FAST! Send me your email and I will invite you to our blog. chrissietaylor13@yahoo.com I love blogging.