
One of our goals this year is to take the girls to Disneyland. They've never been and we've been talking about it for years, but we never had the money to go. Rent, food & utilities have always been more important. So we started a Disneyland Jar. The girls all put money in the jar and we were up to about $80 in the jar. Then right before Christmas, in sacrament meeting all of the speakers talked about charity and service. I had a warm, fuzzy feeling that we should give our Disneyland jar to the bishop to help out some less fortunate families in the ward. The girls were reluctant but agreed. Then I remembered how our friend Lance had surprised his wife Melanie with a cruise for their anniversary that he paid for by donating plasma. So in January I started donating plasma and saving the money to go to Disneyland. Donating plasma isn't all that bad; sometimes it hurts, and other times it's like a day in the park. It depends on the technician who does the poking! At least I get to relax and read a book twice a week!
I found out the KUTV2 This Morning News is doing a contest called "What will you celebrate?" The four winners of the contest get a trip for 4 to Disneyland for 2 nights & 3 days. To enter, you have to become a fan of 2News This Morning on Facebook and submit a photo of a celebration. So I decided to enter. This is the picture I submitted:
And this is a picture of Chris, Shelby, Shaylee & Samantha when I told them that
WE WON, WE WON, WE WON!!!
I told Shaylee that she won us a trip to Disneyland and she couldn't have been happier!
Happy enough to give Shelby a hug! Now that's happy!
So to answer the question "What will you celebrate?" Taking our family to Disneyland on Channel 2's $$$! (Okay, not completely their money...we have to buy another ticket, figure out how to get there, and feed ourselves why we're there). So I'm not done donating plasma yet...but the end is near, I can feel it!
One more thing...on Sunday, I paid tithing for the first time in a long time. I think Heavenly Father is telling us loud and clear that if we do what we are supposed to do and stay positive, He will bless us! WOW!













3 comments:
AHHH, I just ruined your surprise on FACEBOOK, I thought you were talking about something else besides Disneyland, so sorry!! BUT CONGRATS, that is so wonderful for you guys! Your girls are going to have so much fun! That is a true testimant that Heavenly Father blesses those that give and think of others, way to go!!
Congrats that is so cool! My parents wanted to take us this year, but I told them I wouldn't take my baby there, (this is before we knew about Kylie) So now it is a definate no go for us. Oh well one day, I hope you guys have a blast!
That is so exciting for you guys! How wonderful to win a contest like that! I know you will have a great time with the family!
Here is a tip I learned last November when we were there. The food at the park is kind of expensive so bring snacks and things so you can spend the money on the things you really want.
Post a Comment