Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our new dog & a trip to the "beach"

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted on this blog! It actually took me half an hour to get logged on since my email address has changed and I couldn't remember my password... sheesh...

On Father's Day, we took a drive out to Antelope Island and had buffalo burgers for dinner. It was a beautiful, warm day with a little wind, but the water was much warmer than we expected. The wind made our hair look silly, hense the reason for no pictures of me! But the wind was a blessing because there were biting gnats that showed up when the wind slowed down. I guess they like hair because all of our heads (except Chris) were itching & burning from them biting our heads. Needless to say, after the wind calmed down, we spent the rest of the time in the truck driving around the island.

Here is the one and only family portrait that includes all five of us:


(Well our feet, anyway)


Here is Sami with our new dog, Chico. We adopted him from a family that was being transferred in the military and couldn't take him with them. He is 7 years old and is very mild for a Chihauhau. The only time he barks is when we aren't home. (I think he thinks he can get away with it if nobody is watching!)


Sami made Chris a Father's Day bracelet to wear, which he wore all day. It says "Best Dad in the world"



Two pretty girls on the beach with Chico.






Shaylee drew this on the beach...


Shelby with Chico

Taking a walk on the beach...



2 comments:

One Happy Heart Family said...

You have such a beautiful family!! Your girls are gorgeous!! What a cute little doggy too!! I hate antelope island for that darn bug reason!!

SANFORD said...

Jenny,
I am so glad you posted. It was good to see you at Arise, I wish that we could have visited longer. I hope all is well. It looks like you guys had a good Father's Day.
Cheri